Home Remedies for Sore Throat
Sore throat is often a symptom indicating that you are likely to get cold. But in many cases, sore throat may lead to more severe health problems and it is a good idea to start the treatment for it immediately since the moment you feel uncomfortable with your throat.
It is widely known that sore throat results from the bacterial infection or the development of fungus inside our body. It may also caused by other external factors, like air pollution or dry air. People who experience allergy may suffer from sore throat more often than those who don’t. Besides, if you shout for long hours, your throat will be aching as well.
Sore throat may come along with some other irritating symptoms, such as headache or stomach ache. In some cases, it even triggers the appearance of swollen glands.
Undeniably, sore throat causes many discomforts in your daily life. For example, it inhibits you from talking. While there are many medicines advertised in the market to help you get rid of sore throat fast, a better way is to make use of natural remedies. They are safe, inexpensive, and very helpful.
Here are top 15 home remedies for sore throat that you can try to get rid of it fast.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
The antibacterial quality of apple cider vinegar has been noticed for years, and it is the reason why it is very popular in the treatment for skin problems. Now, to cope with sore throat, apple cider vinegar can eliminate the bacteria causing it and the excessive fluid that exists in your throat.
- Prepare apple cider vinegar and lemon juice, one spoon of each.
- Mix them with warm water.
- You can add raw honey to maximize the benefits.
- The mixture should be consumed slowly several times per day.
The existence of mucus in your throat is mainly responsible for the pain you have to suffer from. The acidity of lemon can help it become very active in removing mucus. In fact, lemon is one of the best home remedies for sore throat, and another advantage is that it is not expensive at all.
- Cut a lemon into two parts and put a half into warm water.
- You can add one spoon of raw honey into the mixture.
- It should be consumed slowly.
Obviously, it is one of the simplest home remedies for sore throat and many people have gargled with salt water every day in order to prevent sore throat. Salt is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. You should try this remedy before you hit the sack and in the next morning, sore throat will be gone.
Put some salt into warm water and gargle.
To hasten the benefits, you can do it 3-4 times on a daily basis, but do not drink all the salt water.
With antibacterial and antiseptic qualities, garlic is a wonderful sore throat home remedy. Scientists found out that garlic contains a large amount of allicin which plays the key role in eliminating the bacteria in the throat.
- You should consume raw garlic every day to get the best effects.
- Otherwise, garlic oil is beneficial as well. You should mix some drops into water and gargle.
Not only does honey support many home remedies for sore throat, but it can also help you get rid of sore throat by itself. The strong antibacterial quality of honey can improve the speed of recovery and help you remove the discomforts in the throat. It also prevents swelling very effectively.
- You should pour some spoons of honey into hot water.
- Then, consume the mixture 2-3 times per day.
It is recommended that you apply this remedy before hitting the sack, as it can make you sleep more easily.
Like other home remedies for sore throat, turmeric is also antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. You can use powdered turmeric.
- Mix it with warm water.
- The mixture should be drank slowly before you eat anything in the morning.
Repeat the process for several days and you will get rid of sore throat fast.
7. Cayenne Pepper
There is a misconception that drinking something hot like cayenne pepper only worsens the situation. Few people know that capsaicin is found in cayenne pepper. It is a substance that stops the growth of bacteria and also reduces the pain quickly. It works in the same way as aspirin, but it is totally natural.
- Mix half a spoon of cayenne pepper into hot water.
- You can supplement raw honey.
- Consume the mixture warm.
There are some nutrients in fenugreek that really stand out in the treatment for sore throat. They can dissolve the mucus in the throat. As a result, fenugreek can help you get rid of sore throat and its pain almost immediately.
- Prepare 2 spoons of fenugreek seeds.
- Put them into water and have them boiled in 30 minutes.
- Wait until they are cool.
- Have them strained.
- Use the mixture to gargle several times on a daily basis.
9. Baking Soda
Besides the antibacterial properties, baking soda is considered as one of the best home remedies for sore throat because it can prevent swollen glands.
- Prepare warm water.
- Add salt and baking soda into it. Stir them well.
- Use the solution to gargle 2-3 times daily.
10. Chamomile Tea
In addition to bringing relaxation, chamomile tea can be used as one of the most effective home remedies for sore throat. It removes the pain caused by sore throat naturally. Simply make the tea from the tea bag and hot water. You can choose either honey or lemon to maximize the benefits because they all contribute to the removal of mucus.
Ginger is spicy, obviously. But even cayenne pepper can be used to treat sore throat, so why not ginger? In fact, ginger contains some nutrients that can eliminate the bacteria and painful feeling quickly. Ginger can remove mucus from your throat and improve the flow of blood and oxygen inside your body. Therefore, the healing process can be hastened.
- Cut ginger root into small pieces.
- Prepare boiling water and put pieces of ginger root into it.
- Continue to boil them in about 5 minutes.
- Drink the mixture several times a day.
Milk is not recommended in every case of sore throat. But if your throat is dry and painful, you can try mixing milk and honey to remove that feeling quickly. However, in case sore throat accompanies with congestion, milk should be removed from your list of home remedies for sore throat. It only produces more mucus in that circumstance.
13. Licorice Root
Licorice root is among the best home remedies for sore throat, thanks to its anti-viral and anti-inflammatory qualities. The consumption of licorice root every day will prevent swelling and irritation effectively.
- Prepare dry licorice root, cinnamon, cloves, and chamomile flowers.
- Take all of them into a bowl and add water.
- Boil them for about 1-2 minutes and simmer them in the next 10 minutes.
- Now you can sip the mixture several times per day.
In ancient China, cloves were used as a wonderful herb to get rid of sore throat fast. Nowadays, people depend so much on medicine that they forget the benefits of such natural ingredient. Eugenol is a special substance in cloves. They can kill the pain naturally and even more effectively than aspirin. To absorb eugenol to the fullest extent, you’d better chew raw cloves. Although it is not necessary to swallow them, it is not harmful at all if you do that.
Sore throat caused by common cold can be treated easily with the help of cinnamon.
- One spoon of cinnamon should be mixed with warm water.
- Powdered black pepper can be used to increase the nutrients.
- Use the mixture to gargle a few times per day.
Keywords search from Google
home remedies for sore throat
natural remedies for sore throat
how to get rid of sore throat
how to get rid of sore throat fast
treatment for sore throat